ABOUT SHAAN SHARMA
Shaan started acting in his home state of Minnesota where he was best known for his passion for protecting aspiring talent from scams and exploitation as producer/director of the Fresh Face Showcase ('03-'06), an annual fashion, modeling, acting, music, and dance event with the mission to spread awareness on how to safely enter the talent business.
Since relocating to Los Angeles in 2007, Shaan has quickly grown into one of the most respected and sought-after educators for on-camera acting craft, acting business knowledge, and career strategy. Very few acting coaches are also a casting professional, working actor, and consistently published writer.
- Working Commercial and Theatrical SAG-AFTRA Actor, booking over 30 top network TV shows and films, and 20 national commercials in the last 5 years.
Shaan's acting reels one :: two
- Top Casting Session Director for 45 L.A. Casting Directors over 9 years, casting 400+ projects.
- Backstage Expert Contributing Writer with 50+ published advice articles for actors.
- Author of acclaimed book, “Commercial Acting in L.A.: A Session Director’s Guide.” Available at Samuel French and everywhere online.
- On-Camera Acting Teacher, Private Coach, and Founder of the The Storytellers Conservatory.
- SAG-AFTRA Los Angeles Local Board of Directors Member and National Board Replacement.
- SAG-AFTRA Los Angeles Member Education & Conservatory Instructor.
- SAG-AFTRA Los Angeles Conservatory Committee Member, Chair of the Conservatory Subcommittee on Curriculum and Faculty, Chair of Commercial & Theatrical Curriculum.
- University of Southern California’s School of Dramatic Arts, Guest Lecturer for Kevin McCorkle.