AVA HIMMEL'S COMMERCIAL BOOKING CLASS
WORKSHOP LOCATION: Southpaw Casting Studios :: 4200 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91602
Thursday nights for four weeks from 7:30-10:30pm :: Ages 15+
Navigating the world of commercials can be very intimidating. Whether you’re new to the game or have been auditioning for years, the path to getting that booking, or even a callback, can feel overwhelming and elusive.
Let Ava help demystify the whole process! With over a decade of experience in commercial casting, she knows what it takes to go from “auditioning” to “booking”.
In her class you will see behind the curtain to better understand the casting process, work your audition muscles in front of the camera, and discover the tools needed to deliver a great read, every time!
Week 1: The Basics
- Understanding the casting/audition process and your place in it
- Learning key factors that separate “Bookers” from “Auditioners”
- Introduction to the different types of commercials
Week 2: Understanding Your Essence
- Discovering your true essence and how to bring it to every audition
- On-camera work with scripted scenes; and individualized feedback
Week 3: Filling Your Toolbox
- Continuing on-camera work with a focus on “Spokesperson” reads and improv auditions
- Understanding the toolbox of skills you now have and discovering how to use them successfully
Week 4: The Callback
- Participate in a callback situation with an industry expert
- Discussing how to bring your essence to the “Business Side” of commercials. - Headshots, agents, marketing, etc.
If you’re ready to book, register now!